Here's a rather more interesting video of a sea snake I came across whilst looking for informative links:
- Sharks are about as afraid of sea snakes as I am, but I may be just a little bit less afraid than that Tiger Shark.
- I don't ever want to swim wherever that weird stick/cage combo thing was.
- Hammerhead sharks really do hammer with their heads. They remind me of short hair drunken frat boys that talk too loud and too close.
- That last shark is going to have a tummy ache.
Moving on from sea snakes and sharks...I am reeling from returning from a quick surf trip to Nicaragua that once again exposed Northern New England as a cruel and unfriendly host. I am being deeply creased by the post vacation blues and decided I would use the machine that knows everything to give me some advice on how to get over a great vacation - other than selling everything and running away to a tropical paradise. I came across this unhelpful list:
Basically the tips are:
- Recognize the symptoms! Um, its fucking cold and snowy and rainy here and I'm depressed as hell that I left a tropical paradise with excellent surf and no cares or worries to come home and do my taxes. Is that a fucking symptom?
- Expect to feel deflated after a great vacation! OK, I'm deflated. I'm deflated like a turtle that just ate a deflated mylar balloon thinking it was a jelly fish and realizes its going to die a slow painful death, what now?
- Realize your vacation doesn't end here. They say to make a scrapbook and follow up on what you liked about your vacation. I liked the warm air and excellent surf. Pretty sure my vacation ended when I landed in Boston.
- Use your vacation to make small changes in your life. Such as use less stuff like the internet, TV, change your appearance...OK, I'll admit I did that. NOT, thats partly why I am so depressed. Once you get to a certain age your life is like a hairshirt. I suppose you can sew some neat trim on the sleeves but its still a hairshirt.
- Share your experiences with friends and family. Jesus Christ! The last thing my friends want to hear about why I am so dashingly tanned is that its because I had such a great time getting the fuck out of here to somewhere warm and nice while they were here shoveling snow and freezing their asses off. Are we done yet?
- Take care of yourself Exercise, eat well, sleep well. Drown your sorrows in the same kind of tropical drink that tasted so fucking good in Nicaragua? Check. Done.
- Stay Connected with the world of travel and plan your next vacation I combined the last two because this list is so stupid (and by the way it is now sleeting sideways outside and it just thunder and lighteninged). This is the only thing on the whole list that makes sense. Plan your next trip. Plan your fucking escape.
Well the internet gives and it takes away. It gave us that great shark video and a stupid fucking list. Each took about the same time out of my life (and yours?). So go plan a vacation to put some sunshine on that turd. I need to go pay bills and do my taxes.